TIPS & TRICKS
Separating Yourself From The Herd
There are certain questions you should ask your staff (and yourself) when addressing what your company represents and how effective you can be, notes Oakville-based branding expert Gerry Visca. Each can be a great kick-off for a weekly meeting.
- If our brand were a person, what would it: Eat? Wear? Drive? Do for a living?
- What makes us unique from ourcompetitors?
- What do our clients need? What is missing? Do they have all the information they need?
- What are our limiting beliefs?
- What are our strengths? What areour weaknesses? How can we bridge the distance between the two?
- Do we listen to our clients actively? Do we honestly care what they have to say? Can we prove that we do?
- What are we proud of?
- How can we give back to our community in an impactful way?
- What about our work gives us sleepless nights? Is it warranted? Is there a way to problem-solve this issue?
- What is our Mission Statement? Do we even have one? Does it reflect us as a business? Does it need to be adjusted?
- As a team member, what information or resources am I missing? How can I get what I need to do a better job?
- What messages do we send our clients? What non-verbal cues do we give at meetings? Do all team members send the same message? What do we want our clients to know and feel about us?
“Canada’s Creative Coach,” Gerry Visca, is an international branding coach, a successful entrepreneur and motivational speaker. He can be contacted at www.gerryvisca.com.